College Leadership Program
The goal of the HOPE
Leadership Program is to increase the College retention and graduation rates among Latinas.
The HOPE College Leadership Program (HCLP) engages young Latinas at the college level with HOPE and develops their leadership, advocacy and professional skills. By providing key trainings and access to professional networks HOPE creates a necessary foundation to increase retention and graduation rates among Latinas. Although Latina enrollment rates are slowly on the rise, the greater identifiable need is maintaining tenacity toward degree completion, and then translating that drive toward postgraduate degrees, career aspirations and leadership opportunities.
· Increasing participants awareness and knowledge of democratic political processes in order to increase civic participation
· Exposure and access to professionals and opportunities in various fields including STEAM
· Training college Latinas with vital leadership skills that will allow them to become change agents in their communities
· Enhancing the professional and personal development of college Latinas who will play increasingly important roles in their respective work sectors.
· Support and engage Latinas to ensure successful degree attainment and workforce integration
· Currently enrolled as a full time undergraduate college student, graduate student and recent graduate (2-3 years post grad)
· Be committed to community engagement and Latina issues
· Must submit a complete application packet for consideration
· Must be willing to volunteer or intern with HOPE
· Participants must create a google plus account for program communication.
Depending on program components completed, program cost are $60-$90, not including transportation. Some transportation scholarships maybe available.
Participants are selected on a rolling basis until spaces are filled. Email notifications will be sent by the Program Manager.
To further support the educational attainment of Latinas, HOPE will offer participants that meet all program requirement the opportunity to apply for a $1,000 scholarship.
Please contact Diana Amaya at 213.622.0606 ext. 105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the application or selection process.